Monday, March 26, 2012

The waiting game....

      On March 20th, 2012, after trying since Thanksgiving 2011, we got our positive pregnancy test. It was faint, but it was positive. Kinda funny because Nick knew before I did. About 3-4 days before I took the test, he told me his suspected, but never said anything. Nice.
     I called the doctor to schedule my first appointment. May 1st. MAY?! Are they kidding? It's not like waiting for a teeth cleaning or something. This is waiting to see whether or not the baby you are cooking is normal or not. Wow. What a wait.
     I just couldn't stand it. Took some more tests. All negative. What now? Called the doctor again to report my findings. The doctor didn't seem to worried. After all, I wasn't even LATE. Heck, it was probably a fluke the test caught it this early. Still having symptoms, still freaking out. Told me to wait until Wednesday or Thursday, 3/28 or 3/29 to take another, then call with results and we would go from there. I don't like waiting. Can you tell?
     I talked to a naturopathic doctor I had left a message for earlier in the week. She really did calm my fears, saying that since my cycles were also irregular, I could just be WAYYYY early and also not have any idea when it's supposed to be due. So her advice, wait. Great. Well, at least she told me no matter what, good news or bad, she offers services for fertility AND pregnancy. Two bases-one doctor. Score.
     So now comes the waiting...and waiting...and waiting. And the nausea and soreness and exhaustion are still ever present, which does help the wait. It shows me that there is at least something still going on with our little Gummy Bear, as my husband nicknamed the little one. Don't judge-I named our daughter Squishy.
     Stay tuned...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment